I was pondering a title for this article and at first I was considering using “Death of the American Dream” but I don’t believe that dreams really die where a state can be sundered by all sorts of attacks and insidious politics that undermine the state’s viability and survival as a complete entity.
After all of the uproar over the last few years about illegal immigration, a large percentage of Americans were shocked when on June 15, 2012, President Obama announced the following:
“Under the administration plan, undocumented immigrants will be immune from deportation if they were brought to the United States before they turned 16 and are younger than 30, have been in the country for at least five continuous years, have no criminal history, graduated from a U.S. high school or earned a GED, or served in the military. They also can apply for a work permit that will be good for two years with no limits on how many times it can be renewed. The officials who described the plan spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss it in advance of the official announcement.” (Associated Press)
Now to me there are quite a few problems with this “plan” and I’ve listed them below:
- This is against federal law and was not approved by the legislative branch or the judicial branch.
- There would be no documented proof that the illegals were brought to the US before they were 16. There are plenty of documented examples where illegal immigrants younger than 16 are crossing into the US illegally.
- No criminal history will be difficult to prove, especially when charges have been dropped or juvinile records are sealed. (Look at the various organized crime gangs: Hispanic, Asian, Russian, Jamacian, Hatian) that exist in the US.
- The illegals can have up to three misdemeanors and still be able to apply. How many of those misdemeanors were pleaded down from felonies?
- Now for every one of the illegals applying, you have one to two parents that are not. Example: The Chicago Times stated on the first day that there were 11,ooo applicants in line so that means there could have been another 11,000 to 22, 000 illegal parents.
As far as I am concerned, we have reached a nexus in the illegal immigration issue and the Democrats and Liberals are pushing the US over the edge. Read the history of the Roman Empire and see what happened when immigrants and foreigners were allowed into the Empire and the politicians depended on people on the dole and the foreigners for votes to keep them in office (bread and circuses for entertainment). History does repeat itself and the US is going the way of the Roman Empire.